Welcome to Livewire Help!
Question: What are the guidelines for using Livewire Online?
Answer: We have 10 handy tips for you to check out that help make sure Livewire stays a fun and safe place for all our members. If you're logged in, you can check them out here or read them below:
- Please - no swearing, and keep the content clean. (NO BAD WORDS, PLEASE! You know what they are!)
- Avoid using ALL CAPS JUST LIKE THIS, ALL THE TIME. This means that you're shouting, like we just did in "NO BAD WORDS, PLEASE!"
- Do not give out your personal information; like your full name, telephone number, home address, email, gaming details etc. Everything that happens on Livewire should stay on Livewire. If the things that have occurred on Livewire (such as comments, blogs, discussions etc.) are taken offline without someone's consent, it is a major invasion of their right to privacy.
- Do not share your YouTube/Facebook/MySpace/Yahoo! Messenger/email or any other social networking identity publicly in the chat room, groups, blogs or comments. Do not actively discuss, promote or refer members to other social networking sites.
- Do not share your Livewire username and password or let other people use your account. Keep your password private!
- Respect others in the chat room, and everywhere else on Livewire. Please treat others how you would like to be treated. This includes not sharing what members have posted on livewire.org.au, on other sites. What happens on Livewire stays on Livewire!
- Please be nice to the Chat Hosts. We're all here to help.
- If there is another Livewirian making the experience not-so-fun for you, please send an instant message (you'll see how in chat) to the chat host and he or she will help you out. If you're not in chat, then email email@example.com.
- If you would like to share a website link in chat, please get permission first, by instant messaging the link to the chat host on duty.
- And most importantly, relax, enjoy, and have a good time getting to know other teens on Livewire!
Question: What time is the chat room open?
Answer: The chat room is open from midday to midnight, seven days a week, for fully-validated Livewire members (that's once we chat to your parents if you're under 18 or you, if you're over 18).
Question: Can I change my screen name?
Answer: No, you cannot. In certain cases, we will ask members to choose a new screen name if the name they have selected is inappropriate, or does not abide by our screen name guidelines. We have found that if members change their screen name too often, it becomes confusing for other members.
Question: There is something I am not sure about on Livewire. Who can I contact?
Answer: You can contact the Livewire Support Team. Our contact details are:
Phone: (02) 8425 5971 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, AEST (Sydney) time.
Or, use our Contact Us form!
Question: I forgot my password - what do I do?
Answer: We can help! Just click on the Forgot/Request New Password link, and enter the email address you use to login. We'll then send you an email so you can pick a new password. Easy!
Question: What do I do when I get an error message?
Answer: Let us know! The sooner we know about errors, the sooner we can fix them.
To help us in fixing any errors, the more information you provide us with, the better. Things you might want to include are what time and day the error occurred, what you were trying to click on, whether you were using a PC or MAC, what the error said and what internet browser you are using (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.).
Question: Why did I not receive an activation email?
Answer: When you register for Livewire, you must activate your account. If you chose to activate via email, you should have received an email from Livewire within a few minutes of registration.
If you have not received this, please check your email's junk or spam folder as emails can sometimes end up here.
Once you find the email, open it up and click the activation link. You may then start using Livewire.
Also, it would be a good idea to add email addresses that end in @starlight.org.au to your safe senders list to ensure emails from us don’t go into your junk mail, and we can contact you if required.
Question: What is the best browser for viewing Livewire?
Answer: Livewire will look great in most browsers; however, we recommend that you view the site using the latest version of either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
You can download these from the following links:
Question: How do I make friends?
Answer: You have a few options… The best way though is by just being yourself!
- Jump in to the chat room and chat with the members of livewire.org.au who are online. Ask other members questions about themselves, and find things that you have in common with other members. Talk about pets, hobbies, music or movies… You’ll be making pals in no time!
- Become a member of a group. Search the ‘Groups’ section of the site for a group that is relevant or interesting to you. Request to join the group, and contribute to the discussions inside!